Sunday, May 25, 2014

Digital Markets

Digital Markets
Online shopping has been relatively pleasant for me, i have shopped online at eBay and a online supplements store. Both experiences have been favorable as i have been given additional product as a gesture of goodwill from the online businesses. I found online shopping easy to use and they delivered either early or on time. However that's not saying everything has been 100% well. I have had some of my products sent to other addresses out of no fault of my own. However even this wasn't to much of a hassle as i simply contacted them and they re-sent the product with extra samples as well. Being able to contact them at a moments notice with the details being readily available on their site and the convenience of the product coming right to my door was great as i live in a rural area to travel to get product, buying online reduced all the hassle. In the future businesses will need to fight to stay competitive, retail stores may need to cut their processes to be more productive and cost effective and look to set up a online presence to compete with the growing online market.


Mobile devices have a number of functions that are designed towards working in e-commerce ways, maybe not with the original intention of functioning for that purpose, functions such as Bluetooth on smart phones offer the user the ability to fax, e-mail, access the internet whilst still performing normal phone capabilities. I tend not to use my phone for this due to 2 things, firstly my phone is a few years old and doesn't have these capabilities and secondly i firmly believe that i use technology to much and need to spend more time away from a screen and as such i haven't performed any transactions or processes through wireless mobile devices. I have separated my life a little and kept my business and purchases to the computer and my day to day life separate. I have seen the advantage of this however many of my friends have purchased items from eBay online through their phones winning betting wars on products online and as such i can see the great advantage and appeal of these wireless devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment